Sunday, October 2, 2011

Getting Ready

Apparently there is more to going to showers and setting up a nursery to having a baby. We (ok...I) have been reading books on everything from pregnancy to feeding to labor. I've loved being pregnant. I'm excited about feeding and changing. I'm not so excited, however, about the whole labor thing. I just like the before and after parts. I've heard that once I get my baby in my arms, I will forget about all the pain. I am holding on to that.
In addition to reading, we took a tour of our hospital to see where we check in as well as the labor/delivery room and the postpartum room where we will be most of our stay. This helped ease our nerves. As we were walking around, Justin turned to me and said, "This makes everything real!" It certainly does!
We took a birthing class on October 15th. It was an all day class that touched on basics of labor and delivery as well as some post-postpartum topics like nursing. Perhaps the most entertaining part was when the teacher made Justin wear an empathy suit. Good thing J got me a new iPhone with an awesome camera the day before! Now he knows what it's like to carry around an extra 25 pounds.


Now we're as ready as we can be for our son to arrive. Hurry up, little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment