Tuesday, November 13, 2012

One Year Old: A Monster Celebration

I can't believe I'm already writing about my son's first birthday! It is crazy to think that our little boy is turning into a toddler. It feels like he was just born. Justin and I have been doing a lot of reflecting on the last 12 months. We've had so much fun with our boy. He is sweet, funny, easy going, friendly and silly. We couldn't be more proud or feel any luckier than we do. Parker is simply amazing.

Since Parker was a monster for Halloween, that gave us the idea to have a monster themed party. Let's be realistic...one year olds don't care about their birthday. First birthdays are for parents and grandparents. I'm okay with that. Parker can have a say in his next 90 parties, but this one is mine! I love a good party, so I planned for a month or two and came up with some pretty fun ideas for decorations. I found a lady on Etsy who created an amazing invitation, and I look at Pinterest for cake and cupcake ideas. It all came together extremely well. My good friend, Tiffany was a life saver and helped me decorate the cake and cupcakes. I couldn't have gotten them done in time without her!


We are lucky to have so many family members who live close by and who love Parker so much. There were about 20 people at the party. Parker is one blessed boy!

Here are some shots of the decorations:









Party Fun:


Parker threw each eyeball on the floor








No comments:

Post a Comment